31.2 Properties of PolynomialLeastSquares (.NET, C#, CSharp, VB, Visual Basic, F#)
Once constructed, a PolynomialLeastSquares object provides the following properties:
● FittedPolynomial gets the fitted Polynomial object.
● Coefficients gets the coeffients of the fitted polynomial. The constant is at index 0, and the leading coefficient is at index Coefficients.Length -1.
● Degree gets the degree of the fitted polynomial.
● LeastSquaresSolution gets the DoubleLeastSquares object used to compute the coefficients.
● DesignMatrix gets the design matrix for the fit.
Finally, the CoeffErrorEstimate() method returns a vector of error estimates for the coefficients based on a given estimated error in the y-values. For example:
Code Example – C# polynomial fit
Console.WriteLine( fit.CoeffErrorEstimate(0.01) );
Code Example – VB polynomial fit
Console.WriteLine( Fit.CoeffErrorEstimate(0.01) )